Pages

Saturday, October 25

Pick-up Trucks Are Fun

Time again to top-dress the lawn so I headed down to my favorite nursery, the Natural Gardener, to get a cubic yard of compost. I love being able to drive out to the soil yard and play with the big trucks, like life-size Tonka toys.



For the record, a cubic yard of Turkey Farm compost fills the bed of the truck up to the rim and weighs about 1,100 lbs. I could definitely feel a difference when driving the truck up the hills on Mopac, but I just tried to stay in the slow lane so as not to piss off the suburban-driving soccer moms.


It took a couple hours of shoveling by me and Dan to cover the lawn, but I needed the exercise. The weather was perfect, upper 70's, dry, and not too windy. I feel good about treating my lawn right, but I'm pooped right now. (Pun intended)

No comments:

Post a Comment